This zucchini bread recipe will convince even the pickiest eaters to eat their veggies! It's moist, lightly sweet, well-spiced, and totally delicious.
Six years of blogging and there is not ONE zucchini bread recipe on this site! I’m not sure how that happened, but we’re changing it today :). Let me tell you, I flipping love zucchini bread. While testing this recipe, I made about 6 loaves, and I’m still just as much in love with zucchini bread as I was when I started 🙂
I hope you have gardens full of zucchini (or at least 2 medium zucchini) and that you enjoy this recipe as much as Jack and I do!
This Zucchini Bread Recipe is Healthy!
Chocolate chips aside (an optional ingredient), this zucchini bread is full of healthy ingredients. Each loaf is packed with a cup of grated zucchini, and I use part almond flour in the batter, which adds protein and yields a super moist texture. To make this dairy-free, I sub in olive oil for butter, and I use my go-to almond milk.
The recipe pictured here uses eggs. I prefer this version because the loaf rises better, and it just makes for a light, cake-y texture. Don’t worry, there’s a vegan option below as well – the only difference is that the sans-egg recipe does not rise as much, making its texture more moist. I love both versions of this zucchini bread for different reasons, and all of the loaves got polished off just the same here in my family household.
Whether you make the vegan version or the egg version, you can enjoy this loaf for snack, breakfast, or even dessert and know that you’re (sort of) getting in a serving of green vegetables. 🙂
Zucchini Bread Variations
I love this bread with chocolate chips! If you’re a zucchini purist, you can leave them out but in my opinion zucchini and chocolate work together like peanut butter and jelly. Or, for a nuttier bread, top the loaves with chopped almonds or walnuts. If you’re a fan of dried fruit, you could even stir 1/2 cup raisins or dried tart cherries into the batter.
Bake until the tops of the loaves are golden brown. This recipe makes two loaves – share the extra loaf, freeze it for later, or devour both.
If you loved this zucchini bread recipe…
Best Zucchini Bread
- 2 cups packed shredded zucchini, 2 medium
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 large eggs, see note below for vegan option
- 1 cup cane sugar
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup almond milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup chocolate chips, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease or lightly spray two 8x4” loaf pans.
- Place the shredded zucchini on paper towels to drain. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flours, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, olive oil, almond milk, and vanilla. Gently squeeze any excess moisture from the zucchini then stir into the egg mixture. Add the dry ingredients to the bowl and stir until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pans and bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool.
This post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Almond Breeze Almondmilk.