Popping in today with a really quick recipe! It’s citrus season and this is a simple zippy dressing that I’ve been putting on everything lately. It’s a bright, tangy combination of clementine, lemon, miso, garlic, and ginger. All of these ingredients also have detoxifying properties – so consider this a little health kick after last week’s Valentine’s treats.
Here are a few ways that I like to use it:
– Pour it over sliced cabbage and other crunchy veggies and make a slaw. Let it all marinate in the fridge together for a few hours or overnight.
– Over simple steamed veggies. Easy as that.
– Salads of course! And grain bowls. It makes simple veggies really sing.
– Tossed with cold noodles and stir fried veggies. Add a protein of your choice and some toasted cashews or peanuts.
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup fresh clementine juice (or fresh orange juice)
- 1 tablespoon white miso paste*
- Whisk all ingredients together. Taste and adjust seasonings, adding more miso (or a pinch of salt) if you would like your dressing more salty. I find this dressing to taste a bit punchy, but it mellows once poured over vegetables.
- Store any remaining dressing in the fridge.
(sometimes you have to ask where it is). It keeps in the fridge for about a year.