Serves 4 to 6
This oven roasted carrots recipe is a simple, delicious side dish! For the best results, use a really thick Greek yogurt here. We like Fage or Chobani.
Honey Roasted Carrots
- 1 bunch carrots, about 1 pound
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 1 teaspoon honey or maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon ground coriander
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup whole milk Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Heaping ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 to 3 tablespoons Dukkah
- Fresh herbs, mint, dill, cilantro, and/or parsley leaves
Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Place the whole carrots on the baking sheet. Toss the carrots with a drizzle of olive oil, the honey, coriander, cumin, and pinches of salt and pepper. Roll the carrots with your hands to coat and arrange them on the sheet with space between the carrots. Roast for 15 to 25 minutes, or until the carrots are fork-tender and lightly browned but not mushy. The timing will depend on the size of your carrots. Remove from the oven and slice in half lengthwise.
In a small bowl, stir together the yogurt, olive oil, lemon juice, and salt. Spread the yogurt mixture on a platter and arrange the carrots on top. Sprinkle the dukkah over the carrots and top with fresh herbs. Season to taste and serve.
To make this recipe vegan, roast the carrots with maple syrup instead of honey. Instead of serving them over the yogurt mixture, top them with drizzles of tahini sauce.