Cold Cucumber Soup
This chilled cucumber soup recipe is a delicious summer starter or side dish! Fresh herbs, Greek yogurt, and lemon juice make it bright, creamy, and refreshing. Gluten-free.
- 6 Persian cucumbers, thinly sliced, reserve a few slices for garnish
- 1½ cups plain whole milk Greek yogurt
- ¾ cup fresh basil
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil, more for drizzling
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill
- 1 garlic clove
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon honey
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh mint, dill, or chives, for garnish
In a blender, combine the cucumbers, yogurt, basil, olive oil, lemon juice, dill, garlic, salt, honey, and several grinds of pepper and blend until smooth. Chill for at least 4 hours.
Serve in bowls and garnish with the reserved cucumber slices, fresh herbs, drizzles of olive oil, and freshly ground black pepper.