Veggie Power Bowl
This healthy power bowl recipe is an energizing, refreshing lunch or dinner! I like to cook the rice and make the dressing in advance. That way, the bowl comes together in no time.
- Two handfuls mixed salad greens
- 1 cup cooked forbidden black rice
- 1 carrot, peeled into thin ribbons
- ½ avocado, sliced
- ⅓ cup frozen edamame, thawed
- ¼ cup thinly sliced daikon radish or any radish
- 1 to 2 soft-boiled eggs
- Sesame Ginger Dressing, for drizzling
- Sesame seeds, for sprinkling
- 1 chopped scallion, optional
- pickled ginger, optional
- Lemon or lime wedges, for serving, optional
- Sriracha, for serving, optional
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Assemble each bowl with the salad greens, rice, carrot, avocado, edamame, daikon, and soft-boiled eggs.
Drizzle with the dressing, sprinkle with sesame seeds. Add scallions and pickled ginger, if using. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve with lemon wedges and sriracha, if desired.