Mashed Sweet Potatoes
These mashed sweet potatoes are the perfect holiday side dish. They're creamy, flavorful, and blissfully easy to make.
- 5 large sweet potatoes (3 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil or melted unsalted butter
- ⅔ cups almond milk or any milk
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh thyme leaves or chopped parsley for garnish, optional
- Pat of butter, for serving, optional
Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with foil.
Use a fork to poke a few holes into the sweet potatoes. Place on the baking sheet and roast until very tender, about 60 minutes.
Scoop the cooked sweet potato flesh out of the skins and place in a food processor. Add the olive oil, milk, rosemary, garlic, ginger, salt, and several grinds of pepper and process until creamy. If you prefer a chunkier consistency, mash with a potato masher. Season to taste.
Transfer to a bowl and garnish with the thyme. Serve with a pat of butter, if desired.