Sautéed Beet Greens
Serves 2 to 4
This simple sautéed beet greens recipe is a delicious, nutritious side dish!
- 1 bunch beet greens
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- Lemon wedge
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts or pistachios
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Separate the stems from the beet greens. Finely chop the stems and coarsely chop the leaves.
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and the beet stems and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the beet greens, a few pinches of salt and freshly ground black pepper, and sauté, tossing, until just wilted.
Turn off the heat, add the raisins, a big squeeze of lemon, and toss. Transfer to a platter, top with the walnuts and season to taste with more salt and pepper.