Serves 4 to 6
This bruschetta recipe is a simple, delicious summer appetizer!
- 4 small tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, one grated, one halved
- ½ teaspoon red wine vinegar or balsamic vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 6 to 8 slices rustic country bread
- Fresh basil
- 6 Kalamata olives, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers
In a medium bowl, mix together the tomatoes, grated garlic, vinegar, salt, and several grinds of pepper. Stir in the olives and capers, if using.
Drizzle the bread slices with olive oil and grill until lightly charred, or toast in the oven. Use the cut-side of the garlic halves to rub garlic onto the hot bread. Top with the tomato mixture and fresh basil.