White Bean Dip
This easy white bean dip recipe is flexible, healthy, and delicious! Serve it as an appetizer or enjoy it as a snack with pita chips and fresh veggies.
- 1 1/2 cups cooked cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 to 4 tablespoons water, if needed
fresh herbs, optional but suggested:
- 2 tablespoons torn fresh basil leaves
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary leaves
In a food processor, pulse the cannellini beans, olive oil, lemon juice and zest, garlic, salt, and pepper until combined. With the food processor running, slowly add the water and process until smooth. Blend in the fresh herbs, if desired.
Serve with veggies or pita.