Serves 3 to 4
These fresh vegetable summer rolls are stuffed with avocado, tofu, peaches and lots of herbs! Serve with coconut basil dipping sauce.
Basil Coconut Sauce
- ½ cup full-fat coconut milk
- ¼ cup basil
- 1 tablespoon cashew butter
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 jalapeño, optional
- ½ clove garlic
- ½ teaspoon fresh ginger
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
For the summer rolls:
- 6 (28cm) spring roll rice wrappers*
- 4 ounces cooked rice noodles, I used these
- 4 ounces extra-firm tofu, sliced into strips**
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- 2 ripe peaches or 1 ripe mango, sliced
- ½ watermelon radish, very thinly sliced, optional
- Fresh herbs: basil, Thai basil and/or mint
- Pinches of sesame seeds
- Tamari and sriracha, optional for serving
Make the basil coconut sauce: In a food processor, combine the coconut milk, basil, cashew butter, lime juice, chiles, garlic, ginger, and salt. Pulse until well combined. Season to taste.
Assemble the summer rolls: Fill a shallow glass baking dish with 1-inch of warm water. Submerge one rice paper in the warm water for 7 seconds and then lay the softened wrapper on a clean, damp kitchen towel. Place desired fillings into the center of the wrapper. Fold the bottom of the wrapper over the filling and gently tuck the filling under the wrapper. Fold the sides over the filling. Then continue rolling and tucking the rice paper to form a summer roll. Repeat with the remaining rice papers.
Serve with the Basil Coconut Sauce for dipping. Serve with tamari and sriracha on the side, if desired.
*I use the Three Ladies Brand - they're easy to find at any asian market.
**I used raw tofu here, you can bake strips of tofu if you'd like.