How to Cook Corn on the Cob
Learn how to cook corn on the cob with this simple recipe + topping ideas! Hot, juicy, and sweet, it's the best summer side dish.
- 4 ears fresh corn, husked
- olive oil, butter, lemon, salt & pepper, for serving
Basil Butter Corn on the Cob variation
- 1/2 cup butter or vegan butter, at room temp
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1/2 clove garlic
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Mexican Corn on the Cob variation
- adobo sauce from a can of chipotles in adobo
- crumbled cotija cheese
- chopped cilantro
In a large skillet, bring 1 inch of water to a boil and add the corn in a single layer. When the water returns to a boil, reduce heat, cover and cook until hot, about 3 minutes. Drain.
Season with olive oil or butter, lemon juice, salt, and pepper, as desired.
Basil Butter Corn on the Cob: Blend softened butter with basil, garlic, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Slather it on corn with a squeeze of lemon.
Mexican Corn on the Cob: Brush the corn with adobo sauce and top with cotija cheese and cilantro.