Watermelon Salad with Feta & Mint
This refreshing watermelon salad is one of our favorite summer sides. Feta, mint & avocado are the perfect tangy, creamy, and fresh counterpoints to the juicy watermelon.
For the salad
- 5 cups cubed watermelon
- 1 heaping cup diced English cucumber
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onions
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 avocado, cubed
- ⅓ cup torn mint or basil leaves
- ½ jalapeño or serrano pepper, thinly sliced, optional
- Sea salt
Make the dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, garlic and salt.
Arrange the watermelon, cucumber, and red onions on a large plate or platter. Drizzle with half the dressing. Top with the feta, avocado, mint, and serrano pepper, if using, and drizzle with remaining dressing. Season to taste and serve.