Bright Spring Salad
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 1 min
This spring salad recipe is a perfect light meal or side dish. Filled with fresh veggies, herbs, and a zippy vinaigrette, it's simple, bright, and delicious.
- 1 bunch asparagus, tender parts, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- ½ cup frozen peas, thawed
- A few handfuls of salad greens
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ½ avocado, pitted and diced
- ¼ cup chopped, toasted pistachios
- ½ cup roasted chickpeas
- Fresh herbs, for garnish (basil, mint and/or chives)
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- ¼ cup fresh basil or a mix of basil and mint
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, plus ½ teaspoon zest
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, more as desired
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and set a bowl of ice water nearby. Blanch the asparagus for about 1 minute, until tender but still bright green. Transfer to the ice water for 1 minute, then drain. Allow the asparagus to dry and transfer it back to the bowl and add the peas.
Make the dressing: In a food processor, pulse together the herbs, garlic, lemon juice, zest, vinegar, olive oil, and salt.
Add half of the dressing to the bowl with the asparagus and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Assemble the salad. Arrange the salad greens on a platter, then layer the asparagus/pea mixture, the radishes, feta, avocado, pistachios, chickpeas, and herbs. Drizzle with remaining dressing, season to taste with more salt and pepper, and serve.