Prep Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 20 mins
Make these easy nori wraps for a light lunch or snack! They're just as good as sushi, but they take half the effort.
- 2 cups cooked short-grain white rice, or brown rice
- splash of rice vinegar
- pinch of cane sugar
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 to 3 nori sheets, cut into quarters
- ½ English cucumber, sliced into strips
- 1 ripe mango, sliced into strips
- ½ avocado, sliced into strips
- pickled ginger
- sesame seeds, for sprinkling
- ⅓ cup mayo
- 2 teaspoons sriracha
Fold the rice vinegar, sugar, and salt into the hot cooked rice. Cover until ready to use.
In a very small bowl, combine the tamari and the lime juice and set aside to use as a dipping sauce.
Make the spicy mayo: In a small bowl, stir together the mayonnaise and the sriracha.
Serve the nori squares, rice, cucumber, mango, avocado, pickled ginger, sesame seeds, and desired extras, on a platter to assemble as you eat, mixing and matching fillings as you like. Serve with the tamari-lime dipping sauce and spicy mayo.