Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 15 mins
Serves 2 to 4
These sautéed mushrooms are a delicious, easy side dish! For a more complex flavor and texture, use a variety of mushrooms. I like enoki, shiitake, and cremini.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 16 ounces mixed mushrooms, sliced or chopped
- heaping 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1 garlic clove, minced or grated
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh tarragon
In a large cast-iron skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the mushrooms, salt, and pepper and toss to coat. Let the mushrooms cook, without stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes. This will help them get a nice golden brown sear.
Give the pan a good shake or two and continue cooking the mushrooms, stirring only occasionally, until soft and well-browned, 5 to 8 more minutes depending on the size of your mushrooms. Turn the heat to low and stir in the rice vinegar, tamari, and garlic. Turn off the heat and sprinkle with fresh tarragon. Serve hot.