Carrot Soup Recipe with Ginger
Serves 3 to 4
This easy 7-ingredient carrot ginger soup is great for warming up on cold nights. With a luscious creamy texture from the blended carrots, it's totally vegan - no dairy or nuts required!
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 pound carrots, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup, optional
- coconut milk for garnish, optional
Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onions, salt and pepper and cook until softened, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes. Add the smashed garlic cloves (they’ll get blended later) and carrots to the pot and cook 8 minutes more, stirring occasionally.
Stir in the ginger, apple cider vinegar, and broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
Let cool slightly and transfer to a blender. Blend until smooth. If your soup is too thick, add a little water. If you would like your soup a little sweeter, add the maple syrup.
Serve with a drizzle of coconut milk, if desired.