Portobello Mushroom Burger
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 13 mins
Total Time: 18 mins
Need a good veggie entree for your next cookout? Try this grilled portobello mushroom burger! It's just 5 ingredients, but it's tangy, savory & delicious.
- 4 large portobello mushrooms
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Balsamic vinegar, for drizzling
- Tamari, for drizzling
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 hamburger buns, warmed or toasted
- sliced tomato
- sliced red onion
- ketchup, mayo, mustard
- Pesto, Guacamole, or Chipotle Sauce, optional
Prepare the mushrooms by removing the stems and cleaning the caps with a damp cloth or paper towel. Place the mushrooms in a rimmed plate and drizzle with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, tamari, salt, and pepper. Use your hands to help coat the mushrooms on both sides.
Heat a grill or grill pan over medium heat. Place the mushrooms, gill side up onto the grill pan. Cook 5 to 7 minutes per side, or until mushrooms are tender.
Place the mushrooms onto the buns and serve with desired fixings.