Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 20 mins
This burrata salad is one of my favorite summer appetizers! Use the best produce you can find here, and serve it with good crusty bread.
Lemon-Thyme Oil (makes extra)
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Peel from 1 small lemon
- 4 thyme sprigs
For the burrata platter
- 4 heirloom tomatoes
- 1 ripe peach, sliced
- 1 (8-ounce) ball fresh burrata
- ½ cup fresh basil and/or mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon toasted pistachios, chopped
- Flaky sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- A few cherries or fresh currants, optional
- Toasted bread, for serving
Combine the oil, garlic, lemon peel, and thyme in a small saucepan over low heat. Gently warm the mixture, then turn off the heat. Let steep for 20 minutes, then strain.
Assemble the tomatoes, peach slices, and burrata on a platter. Sprinkle with salt, then drizzle with lemon-thyme oil. Top with the basil and mint and sprinkle with pistachios. Top with cherries and currants, if desired. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve with toasted bread.