Prep Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 10 mins
Serves 4 to 6
A good Caprese salad relies on good ingredients, so seek out the best tomatoes, basil, and fresh mozzarella you can find to make this delicious summer salad.
- 3 to 4 medium heirloom tomatoes, sliced
- 1 (8-ounce) ball fresh mozzarella, sliced
- Fresh basil leaves
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Flaky sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Drizzle of balsamic vinegar or reduced balsamic
- Dollops of pesto
- Sliced peaches
- Mint leaves
- Avocado slices
- Strawberries, see this strawberry salad
Arrange the tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil leaves on a platter. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
If desired, add ingredients from the variations list.