Prep Time: 5 mins
Total Time: 5 mins
Try this hummus recipe once, and you'll never go back to buying it at the store! Served with fresh veggies and pita, it's a delicious appetizer or snack.
- 1½ cups cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ⅓ cup smooth tahini*
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, more to taste
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 5 tablespoons water, or as needed to blend
- paprika, red pepper flakes, or parsley, for garnish
- warm pita bread and/or veggies, for serving
In a high-speed blender, place the chickpeas, tahini olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and salt. Use the blender baton to blend until very smooth, adding water as needed to blend, and/or to reach your desired consistency.
Transfer to a serving plate, top with desired garnishes and serve with warm pita and veggies, as desired.