Serves 6 to 8
These stuffed mushrooms are a show-stopping party appetizer! They're best when they're warm, so make them right before you serve them.
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ½ cup grated pecorino cheese
- ½ cup finely chopped parsley, plus more for garnish
- ¼ cup chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, about 4
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt, more for sprinkling
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 20 to 24 large cremini mushrooms, stemmed
- Extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Pinches of red pepper flakes, optional
Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a medium bowl, combine the panko, pecorino cheese, parsley, sun-dried tomatoes, pine nuts, garlic, salt and several grinds of pepper.
Place the mushrooms, cavity side up, onto the baking sheet. Drizzle the mushrooms with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Spoon the filling into the mushrooms, drizzle with more olive oil and bake until the mushrooms are tender and the filling is golden brown, 18 to 22 minutes.
Garnish with parsley and sprinkle with red pepper flakes, if desired, and serve.