Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 40 mins
Serves 3 cups
This homemade marinara sauce is delicious and easy to make - perfect for using on pizzas, in pastas, and more!
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup finely minced shallot
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon cane sugar
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
Heat the olive oil in a small pot over low heat. Add the shallot, garlic, salt, and a few grinds of black pepper and cook for 3 minutes, stirring often.
Add the tomatoes and their juices, balsamic vinegar, cane sugar, oregano, and red pepper flakes. Cover and simmer over low heat for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.