Kimchi Brown Rice Bliss Bowls
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 40 mins
Serves 2 to 3
These healthy vegan kimchi bowls are so delicious and fun to eat! If you're making them ahead, save the avocado to add at the last minute.
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- Heaping ¼ cup kimchi*, (see note)
- 1 Persian cucumber, peeled into ribbons
- ½ cup thinly sliced red cabbage
- ½ avocado, sliced
- 8 ounces Marinated Tempeh, Baked or Grilled
- ½ recipe Peanut Sauce
- ½ teaspoon sesame seeds
- 2 Thai chiles, thinly sliced, optional
- Lime slices, for serving
- Microgreens, for garnish, optional
Assemble the bowls with the rice, kimchi, cucumber, cabbage, avocado, and tempeh.
Drizzle a generous amount of peanut sauce on top and sprinkle with sesame seeds and Thai chiles, if using. Serve with lime slices and remaining peanut sauce on the side. Garnish with microgreens, if desired.
*I like Mother In Law's Vegan Kimchi. It's easy to find at Whole Foods and most natural grocery stores. If you're vegan or vegetarian, be sure to read the label as many kimchi contain fish products.