This delicious, refreshing watermelon salad recipe is meant for hot summer days. With feta, avocado, mint & lime, it's the perfect mix of savory & sweet.
Once summer rolls around, I can’t get enough of salads made with a mix of peak-season fruits and veggies. I love a good sweet & savory combination, and this watermelon salad with feta, mint, avocado, and a tangy lime dressing is exactly that.
Every year, as soon as I spot a good watermelon, I rush home to make this recipe. It takes minutes to throw together, and it’s incredibly refreshing. Try it once, and you’ll have it on repeat for the rest of watermelon season.
Watermelon Salad Recipe Ingredients
If you’ve never tried watermelon in a savory setting, you have to make this recipe ASAP. Juicy & fresh, the melon goes SO well with the other creamy, crisp, tangy, and spicy components in this salad. Here’s what makes it so delicious:
- Red onion, for a sharp bite of flavor and crispy texture
- Cucumber, for a cool, crisp addition
- Feta cheese, for a creamy, tangy element
- Avocado, for extra creaminess. Plus watermelon + lime + avocado = a match made in heaven.
- Mint & basil, for fresh herbal notes (Mint & watermelon is one of my favorite combos too!)
- Serrano pepper, for a little heat (if you like, these are optional)
- And a bright lime dressing, to tie it all together.
Watermelon Feta Salad Recipe Variations
This watermelon feta salad is a great one to play with. Here are some of my favorite ways to change it up:
- Don’t like spice? Skip the chile, and this watermelon salad will still be delicious.
- Add a little crunch with a handful of toasted walnuts or cashews.
- Make this salad a full meal by serving it on a bed of arugula with some quinoa mixed in.
- Or change up the fruit and substitute strawberries for the watermelon.
Let me know what variations you try!
What to Serve with Watermelon Salad
If you love this watermelon salad recipe…
Watermelon Salad with Feta & Mint
- Make the dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, garlic and salt.
- Arrange the watermelon, cucumber, and red onions on a large plate or platter. Drizzle with half the dressing. Top with the feta, avocado, mint, and serrano pepper, if using, and drizzle with remaining dressing. Season to taste and serve.