This easy watermelon juice recipe is perfect for hot summer days. Made with just 3 ingredients (and no added sugar!), it's cool, delicious, and refreshing.
A cold glass of this watermelon juice is everything I want on a warm summer day. When it’s blistering hot outside (or super humid, like it has been here), this hydrating juice is the best way to cool off. And, like, how gorgeous is that color?! Topped off with a sprig of fresh mint, this watermelon juice is just plain fun.
How to Make Watermelon Juice
I’m not a fan of overly sweet fruit juices, so I don’t use any added sugar in this recipe. Instead, I make it with 3 basic ingredients: watermelon, lime juice, and ginger juice. Here’s how the recipe goes:
First, blend the watermelon. You’ll need 8 cups cubed, or about 1 small melon. If you need a refresher on how to cut a watermelon, check out this post!
Add the watermelon to a high-speed blender, and blend until smooth.
Next, strain the juice. Technically, this step is optional. You could skip it if you don’t mind pulp in your juice. Personally, I like my juice to be nice and smooth, so I always strain mine.
Place a nut milk bag or several layers of cheesecloth over a large bowl, and pour the juice through, squeezing to get out as much liquid as you can.
Transfer the juice to a pitcher, and stir in the lime and ginger juice. Pour into glasses filled with ice cubes, and enjoy!
Watermelon Juice Recipe Variations
In its simplest form, this recipe makes a super refreshing, nourishing juice drink. You could serve it with breakfast or sip it after a workout on a hot day. However, my favorite way to serve it is as a fun, mocktail-style beverage for a gathering or happy hour. Then, I jazz it up by making one of these variations:
- Bubbly watermelon juice. Mixing the juice with sparkling water makes it even more refreshing and fun! Adjust the ratio of juice to sparkling water to taste, depending on how sweet or fizzy you like your drink.
- Minty watermelon juice. For a sweeter drink, mix the watermelon juice with mint-infused simple syrup, adjusting the ratios to taste. Again, top off your glass with sparkling water, and enjoy!
Let me know what variations you try!
More Favorite Summer Drinks
If you love this recipe, try one of these refreshing beverages next:
- Watermelon Margarita
- Mango Margarita
- Paloma Cocktail
- Mint Mojito
- Classic Mimosas
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Creamy Avocado Smoothie
- 8 cups cubed seedless watermelon
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger juice
- Sparkling water, optional
- Fresh mint, optional, for garnish
- Place the watermelon cubes in a blender and blend.
- Place a nut milk bag or a few layers of cheesecloth over a large bowl and strain the juice.
- Transfer to a pitcher and stir in the lime juice and ginger juice. Serve with sparkling water and garnish with fresh mint, if desired.