Homemade pecan milk is so delicious and easy to make! This dairy free nut milk creates the perfect fall vegan chai latte.
So, by now you all know that I don’t drink regular milk. I do enjoy cheese occasionally, and I love greek yogurt, but regular milk… no matter if it’s just a little, it’s just not my thing (although, my entire family loves it and I’m totally fine with that – to each their own!).
Suffice it to say that I’ve been drinking, baking with, and altogether enjoying non-dairy milk for years, but I had yet to discover how lovely and delicious homemade PECAN milk is until now. This post is in partnership with Pure Leaf Tea Home Brewed Teas because their Chai Tea + homemade pecan milk = perfection. The spices in the tea – cardamom, cinnamon, ginger, and spicy black pepper – work so well with my creamy homemade pecan milk. The milk is deliciously nutty from the pecans and sweetened lightly with maple syrup and vanilla. I’m really trying to embrace fall this year, in case you can’t tell 🙂
I know, homemade nut milks seem fussy, but this pecan milk takes only a few minutes of actual work – I promise. I soaked my pecans for an hour or so, blended them with water, a touch of maple syrup, vanilla and a bit of cinnamon…
… strained it, and that’s it! Soak, blend, and strain! Store it in the fridge until you’re ready to make chai lattes. To make the lattes, heat up the pecan milk and steep it with Pure Leaf Home Brewed Chai Tea.
Take your latte, sit by a window, and enjoy a chilly fall day at home 🙂
To help enjoy fall to it’s fullest we’re giving away $50 Gift Cards for Pure Leaf Tea to 5 lucky readers. Leave a comment below telling me how you like to enjoy tea in the fall!
Winners will be chosen at random, the giveaway ends on December 5th and is available to U.S. and Canadian Residents.
Vanilla Pecan Milk Chai Lattes
- 1 cup raw pecans, soaked for at least 1 hour
- 3 cups filtered water
- 1 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 Pure Leaf Home Brewed Chai Tea pyramid tea bag
- 8 oz. pecan milk (from above)
- ground cinnamon, optional, for dusting
- Make the pecan milk: Drain and rinse the pecans and add them to a blender with fresh filtered water, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, salt. Blend until smooth.
- Place a nut milk bag (or cheesecloth or use a fine mesh strainer) in a large bowl and pour the liquid from the blender into the bag. Twist and squeeze the bag to strain as much liquid through as you can. Pour the strained pecan milk into a 33 ounce bottle and chill until ready to use.
- Make the lattes: For each serving, place one pyramid tea bag in a mug. Pour 8 ounces of boiling pecan milk over the tea bag and let steep for 3 to 4 minutes. Squeeze bag and remove. Dust with cinnamon, if desired.
This post was created in partnership with Pure Leaf.