Check it out – a video! We recently partnered with the North Carolina Sweet Potato Commission to create videos about one of my favorite foods – the sweet potato. Here’s a recipe that will start to get you in the mood for fall, but is still light and fresh.
Below are a few of my favorite screenshots. Scroll down (or click the image above) for the video. Special thanks to Rightfrog Productions for the video work!
Sweet Potato & Avocado Salad
- 1 large sweet potato
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon chile powder
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups baby salad greens
- ¼ cup cotila or feta cheese
- ¼ cup toasted pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- ½ avocado, pitted, peeled and cubed
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Peel the sweet potato and cut into 1-inch cubes. Arrange on a baking sheet and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the oil; sprinkle with ¼-teaspoon of the salt. Bake until golden brown, about 30 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with chile powder; allow to cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk the remaining oil, the lime juice, honey and remaining salt and the pepper.
- Place greens in a large bowl. Add cheese, pepitas, avocado and roasted sweet potato cubes.
- Pour the dressing over the salad; toss to coat. Serve immediately.