Made with just 4 ingredients, this vegan Pumpkin Black Tea Ice Cream recipe is a simple & healthy pumpkin spice treat! Perfect for fall and winter holidays.
Are you all pumpkin-ed out yet? Hopefully not – but even if you are, you just have to try this one. If you’ve been following for long you know I have just a slight love for ice creams made with coconut milk. But this one? This one not only takes the cake but probably the pumpkin and apple pies too. It’s a rich & creamy, yet healthier, take on holiday desserts.
I’ve had tea ice cream on my mind ever since tasting a tea-infused sorbet while visiting Celestial Seasonings last month. Their Sweet Harvest Pumpkin Black Tea is warmly spiced with cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg – and it’s so delicious with the coconut milk and pumpkin puree in this ice cream. This recipe has only 4 main ingredients and is naturally sweetened with maple syrup instead of regular sugar.
Sweet Harvest Pumpkin Ice Cream
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 3 bags Celestial Seasonings Sweet Harvest Pumpkin Tea
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- pinch of salt
- optional topping: crushed, toasted hazelnuts
- Bring the coconut milk to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add the tea bags, then turn the heat off. Let the tea steep for 3-5 minutes, then stir in the maple syrup, pumpkin puree and a pinch of salt.
- Remove tea bags and chill mixture in the fridge (the colder it is before you put it in your ice cream maker, the better).
- Churn in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturers directions.
- Transfer ice cream to a freezer container and let it freeze for at least an hour to firm up.
- Top with toasted hazelnuts and enjoy.
I use this ice cream maker.
This post is in partnership with Celestial Seasonings. As always, all images, words, and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting our sponsors!