Happy almost new year! I don’t know about you, but I’m sure ready to start eating a little bit lighter and brighter. And of course, “healthy” in my book doesn’t mean bland and boring… quite the opposite.
In the middle of winter,* I find myself craving bright orange and red foods… so here’s a sunny smoothie I made to brighten up winter mornings and give my immune system a boost.
Orange Smoothie Ingredients
- Oranges – Of course, oranges are essential here. Because winter is citrus season, I use lemons, limes, grapefruit, and oranges as much as I can. As an added bonus, they’re filled with immune-boosting Vitamin C.
- Goji berries – These little pink berries are loaded with Vitamin C, Vitamin A, fiber, and antioxidants, so they’re a great morning boost!
- Bananas – Bananas are one of my favorite smoothie ingredients because of their creamy texture, but they also add potassium and staying power to this smoothie.
- Almond milk – To thin, and for more creaminess.
- Hemp Seeds – Not only do hemp seeds make this smoothie more thick and creamy, but they also add protein and healthy fats!
- Ginger – Last but not least, ginger gives this smoothie a flavor kick. It’s good for digestion and has anti-inflammatory properties as well.
Cheers to a healthy new year!
*Austin winter isn’t real winter, but I get cold anyhow.
- 2 bananas (frozen, ideally)
- ½ - ¾ cup original Almond Breeze Almond Milk
- juice of 1 medium orange, plus some zest
- 2 tablespoons goji berries
- ½ teaspoon grated ginger, or a splash of ginger juice
- ¼ cup hemp seeds (optional)
- Handful of ice
- Blend all ingredients and adjust to your liking.