Happy almost new year! I don’t know about you, but I’m sure ready to start eating a little bit lighter and brighter. And of course, “healthy” in my book doesn’t mean bland and boring… quite the opposite.
In the middle of winter,* I find myself craving bright orange and red foods… so here’s a sunny smoothie I made with oranges, goji berries, bananas and almond milk. And for a healing kick: a bit of ginger.
Cheers to a healthy new year!
*Austin winter isn’t real winter, but I get cold anyhow.
- 2 bananas (frozen, ideally)
- ½ - ¾ cup original Almond Breeze Almond Milk
- juice of 1 medium orange, plus some zest
- 2 tablespoons goji berries
- ½ teaspoon grated ginger, or a splash of ginger juice
- ¼ cup hemp seeds (optional)
- handful of ice
- Blend all ingredients and adjust to your liking.