Brighten up your morning & boost your immune system with this superfood orange smoothie packed with ginger, goji berries, hemp seeds & citrus!
Happy almost new year! I don’t know about you, but I’m sure ready to start eating a little bit lighter and brighter. And of course, “healthy” in my book doesn’t mean bland and boring… quite the opposite.
In the middle of winter,* I find myself craving bright orange and red foods… so here’s a sunny smoothie I made to brighten up winter mornings and give my immune system a boost.
Orange Smoothie Ingredients
- Oranges – Of course, oranges are essential here. Because winter is citrus season, I use lemons, limes, grapefruit, and oranges as much as I can. As an added bonus, they’re filled with immune-boosting Vitamin C.
- Goji berries – These little pink berries are loaded with Vitamin C, Vitamin A, fiber, and antioxidants, so they’re a great morning boost!
- Bananas – Bananas are one of my favorite smoothie ingredients because of their creamy texture, but they also add potassium and staying power to this smoothie.
- Almond milk – To thin, and for more creaminess.
- Hemp Seeds – Not only do hemp seeds make this smoothie more thick and creamy, but they also add protein and healthy fats!
- Ginger – Last but not least, ginger gives this smoothie a flavor kick. It’s good for digestion and has anti-inflammatory properties as well.
Combine them in a blender, and blend to creamy perfection! And if you want more superfood smoothie ideas, try this superfood smoothie bowl and these breakfast smoothies too!
Cheers to a healthy new year!
*Austin winter isn’t real winter, but I get cold anyhow.
Superfood Sunshine Orange Smoothie
- 2 bananas (frozen, ideally)
- ½ - ¾ cup original Almond Breeze Almond Milk
- juice of 1 medium orange, plus some zest
- 2 tablespoons goji berries
- ½ teaspoon grated ginger, or a splash of ginger juice
- ¼ cup hemp seeds (optional)
- Handful of ice
- Blend all ingredients and adjust to your liking.
Thank you for taking the time to write this delicious smoothie post, I enjoy learning about new smoothie recipes and trying something new. I want to personally share an amazing way I discovered that will help others who are interested in losing weight by nutritious smoothies. Discover ”The Smoothie Diet” – it’s an enjoyable way to lose weight easily that fits into your busy lifestyle. It has delicious, nutrient-dense, easy-to-make smoothies to help you blast through fat and lose weight consistently; giving you increased energy and incredible health. Whether you want to lose 10 lbs or 70 lbs, you can make it happen with The Smoothie Diet. Want to learn more, click here for the official website https://bit.ly/3I8ImEk
Where do I find goji berries? I haven’t seen them at our larger supermarkets nor either of the natural grocers/farmers market stores I frequent.
Thanks for sharing best smoothies.
best blender for smoothies reviews
Love this little bit of sunshine in the middle of December. Cant wait to try.
I just discovered your blog by your kale pesto recipe. Love your blog! Beautifully designed and your recipes are so easy to follow!
thanks – so glad to hear!
What a beautiful drink! With that bright orange color, it sure sounds like a perfect drink to start a day!
Found you on bonbon break…This looks so yummy! I will definitely be trying it! Thanks for sharing.
OMG I want these right now! They look so good. I eat paleo so I am loving your site and all the pretty pictures. I want to try like 15 of your recipes already.
with the goji berries should they be soaked beforehand or do we just chuck them in the blender dry?
Hi Alethea – it worked for me either way in the Vitamix. If you have a regular blender, I would maybe soak them. (I’ll add that note into the recipe, thanks)
Thank you for posting. This is a beautiful, healthy smoothie for the new year! I substituted chia seeds for hemp, which thickened it up a bit, and I gave it a squeeze of lemon for brightness. I’ll definitely be adding this one to my rotation! Goji berries in a smoothie? Genius! Stay warm, from -15 in Chicago.
thanks, so glad you liked it! Brave girl, making smoothies while it’s freezing out!