Serve these stuffed mini peppers as a crowd-pleasing party appetizer, or pair them with smoky chipotle pinto beans and enjoy them for dinner!
These stuffed mini peppers are the perfect summer party appetizer! They’re bursting with bright, zesty flavor, they’re easy to make, and they’re just so darn cute. I already have an affinity for miniature things, so when miniature vegetables come into the picture, I’m automatically on board.
I always love making stuffed red bell peppers and stuffed poblanos in the summertime, so when I saw these Organic Mini Sweet Peppers at ALDI, I immediately knew that I wanted to make a stuffed mini peppers recipe. They take everything I love about regular stuffed peppers and shrink it into a miniature, shareable size. We’ve been making this recipe for guests all summer long, and I’m happy to report that these little guys are fun to cook and even more fun to eat!
Stuffed Mini Peppers Ingredients
Unlike traditional stuffed peppers filled with ground beef, melted cheese, or even cream cheese, these stuffed mini peppers are super light and fresh. To make them, I slice mini sweet peppers in half lengthwise and remove the seeds and ribbing. Then, I thread the pepper halves onto skewers and cook them on the grill until they’re nicely charred. Cooking them this way makes them extra sweet and juicy. It’s hard to resist eating them all before you add the filling!
But if you can hold off, it’s worth the wait. These components combine to make a simple, zesty filling that takes the grilled peppers to a whole new level:
- Cilantro Lime Rice – Just like Chipotle’s, but so much better! It’s a bright, flavorful mix of your favorite rice (white, brown, and cauliflower rice all work great), cilantro, scallions, and lime juice and zest. Add diced jalapeño or a pinch of red pepper flakes for a little heat!
- Pineapple Salsa – It adds the perfect sweet and spicy finish to these stuffed mini peppers! Mango salsa or pico de gallo would be delicious here too.
Top each pepper with a spoonful of rice and a scoop of the salsa, and enjoy!
Find the complete recipe with measurements below.
Stuffed Mini Peppers Serving Suggestions
But sometimes, I start craving this recipe when we’re not entertaining. Then, I serve the peppers as a full meal. To make them heartier, I pair them with my 2-ingredient chipotle pinto beans, which I’ve included in the recipe below. The smoky, spicy flavor of the beans balances perfectly with the sweetness of the peppers and the pineapple salsa. In fact, I love this pairing so much that I also use it in my vegan burrito bowl recipe!
So often, putting together a menu for entertaining can get pricey, but everything here came from ALDI and was insanely affordable. Plus, I was able to pick it up quickly and get back to grilling! These ingredients are pretty diet-restriction-friendly, too, so you won’t have to worry if one friend is gluten-free and the other is vegan.
I’ve been continually impressed by the produce and affordable groceries at ALDI, so let me know if you give it a try and what you think!
More Favorite Grilling Recipes
If you love these stuffed mini peppers, try one of these grilling recipes next:
- Best Veggie Burger
- Grilled Vegetable Skewers
- Portobello Mushroom Burger
- Grilled Zucchini
- Easy Fajitas
- Grilled Avocado with Veggie Ceviche
Then, check out this post for more delicious appetizer ideas!
Stuffed Mini Peppers
- 1 can SimplyNature Organic Pinto Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 to 2 chipotle peppers from a can of Pueblo Lindo Chipotle Peppers, diced*
- Make the beans: In a small bowl, mix the pinto beans with the chipotle peppers. Set aside.
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat. Thread the peppers onto metal skewers, drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with pinches of salt and pepper. Grill 2 minutes per side or until charred and tender but not collapsed.
- Remove the peppers from the skewers and fill each pepper with rice and top with pineapple salsa. Serve with the pinto beans and extra pineapple salsa on the side.
This post was created in partnership with ALDI, thank you for supporting the sponsors that keep us cooking!