Strawberries, feta, greens, and mint make a bright, sweet, and salty spring or summer salad. A healthy gluten free & vegetarian weekday lunch or dinner!
I’m excited to be guest posting at Anthology Magazine this month with a 4-part summer salad series! If you can’t tell by now, I live on salads all summer long, so I’m excited to share some of my favorites. First up, today, is this savory-with-a punch-of-sweet strawberry & feta quinoa salad.
Strawberry Quinoa & Feta Salad
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, plus more for squeezing
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
- ½ garlic clove, minced
- ½ teaspoon honey
- Sea salt and fresh black pepper
- 1½ cups cooked quinoa
- ¾ cup sliced strawberries (about 5-6 large strawberries)
- ½ cup chopped or crumbled feta
- ¼ cup chopped mint
- ¼ cup chopped scallions, green and white parts
- ⅓ cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 2 cups baby salad greens
- ¼ cup sprouts (optional)
- Make the lemon honey vinaigrette: In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, garlic, and honey with pinches of salt and pepper. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- In a large bowl, toss together the quinoa, strawberries, feta, mint, scallions, walnuts, greens, and sprouts, if using. Pour in the dressing and toss again. Taste and adjust seasonings to your liking. I added a final squeeze of lemon juice and a drizzle of olive oil on top.
- This is the kind of salad that gets better as it sits and the flavors mesh together… so if you have the patience, let it chill for 15-20 minutes before serving. Make extra if you want leftovers for lunch the next day.