This refreshing strawberry banana smoothie recipe is the perfect healthy breakfast! It's lightly sweet, a little creamy, and totally satisfying.
“I walked outside and felt like I was swimming,” is what Jack said the other day as I picked him up from the airport, fresh off a flight from LA. It’s humid here, to say the least, and the air is thick. It’s the kind of heat that sort of takes your breath away as soon as you walk out the door. But I’m not complaining, it always takes just a few weeks for the body to acclimate to our summer temps. Hydration is the key. Eight glasses of water (don’t know who recommended that) is just not enough, so I’ve been on a smoothie kick lately, and this refreshing strawberry banana smoothie recipe is my new favorite.
I originally made this strawberry banana smoothie for Jack. He’s a smoothie guy no matter what temperature it is outside. But I’ve been waking up extra parched lately, so this fruity berry smoothie goodness has really been hitting the spot.
How to Make a Smoothie
- Fill your blender with fruit, almond milk, ice, and a little sweetener if you like.
- If your smoothie is too tart, add a little more honey or maple syrup
Smoothie Recipe Tips
- For a thick smoothie, use frozen fruit.
- For a thicker smoothie, start with less almond milk, you can always add more as you blend.
Strawberry Banana Smoothie Recipe Variations
I like to make this smoothie with a mix of strawberries and raspberries, but if you prefer to go fully in the strawberry banana direction, use 2 cups strawberries instead of strawberries and raspberries, and use a full banana instead of a half. This strawberry banana smoothie recipe works with fresh or frozen fruit, just cut back on the ice if you opt for frozen fruit. I encourage you to try adding the optional basil or mint – they add a lovely freshness to this drink.
Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- 1½ cup raspberries
- 1 cup strawberries
- ½ frozen banana
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- 1½ cups ice
- Handful of mint or basil (optional)
- Combine the raspberries, strawberries, banana, almond milk, honey or maple, basil, if using, and ice in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Taste. If it's too tart for you, add another ½ cup or so of almond milk and another tablespoon of honey or maple.