Happy Spring! If you're looking for light & bright recipe inspiration as the seasons change, read on to see 16 meals I can't wait to make this spring.
It’s starting to feel like spring! Well, actually, it’s still 30 degrees here, but it’s at least starting to look like spring out there. The sun is shining and the days are getting longer. I’m getting excited for farmers markets, peach season, and the ability to walk out the door without a coat on. As the days get brighter, I crave lighter and lighter food. Here are some of my favorites for this season!
16 Recipes to Make This Spring
1. Carrot Coconut Gazpacho with Lemongrass (pictured above) – This creamy soup’s sunny color & light, refreshing taste make it perfect for celebrating the arrival of spring. If the weather’s still chilly where you are, not to worry – it’s delicious warm or cold!
2. Rainbow Kale Salad with Carrot Ginger Dressing – The arrival of spring = the arrival of salad season. This hearty rainbow salad is a great one to pack for lunch – it keeps well and is filled with plenty of chickpeas, avocado & seeds to keep you satisfied till dinnertime.
3. Shiitake Maki with Carrot Ginger Dipping Sauce – If you have leftover carrot ginger dressing from making the kale salad above, you have to try this shiitake maki next! Used as a dipping sauce, the dressing adds a bright pop to these savory, satisfying rolls.
4. Chickpea Salad Wraps with Avocado Dill Sauce – The pale pink & green in these light lettuce wraps feel so springy to me! The chickpea salad inside is my vegan take on a traditional tuna salad. It’s delicious here, but you can also load it onto sandwiches or veggie “tuna” melts.
5. Lemon Edamame Avocado Sandwiches – If you’re stuck in a lunch rut, these sandwiches will be your savior. Their base is a creamy, herb-flecked lemon edamame spread. It’s filling but fresh, and it makes this recipe one of my all-time favorite veggie sandwiches.
6. Chickpea Pan Bagnat Sandwiches – We love to pack this baguette sandwich for spring picnics. Because of the creamy chickpea salad slathered inside, it holds together well, and crisp veggies, fresh basil & briny olives give it a delicious array of contrasting textures & flavors.
7. Quick & Easy Vegan Pesto Pasta – Who doesn’t love pesto pasta? This green on green dish comes together in a flash and is sure to please on busy spring weeknights. Try changing it up by experimenting with different combinations of herbs & greens in the pesto!
8. Farmers Market Asparagus & Potato Pizza – To me, the arrival of good asparagus at the market is the hallmark of spring. You can prepare it a thousand ways, but I love to peel it into thin strips and serve it atop this veggie-loaded Farmers Market Pizza.
9. Grilled Asparagus Lemon-Thyme Farro Salad – If you have crisp, thin spears of asparagus, this recipe is the one for you. Grilled to perfection, the asparagus is delicious alongside herbed farro, pink pops of pickled radish, and spring sprouts.
10. Mango Black Bean Ginger Rice Bowl – This bowl features another of my favorite spring veggies: snap peas! Here, I steam them before tossing them with a simple tamari-lime dressing, juicy mango, crunchy veggies, rice & beans. Together, it all makes a filling, fresh meal that’s great to prep ahead and pack for lunch.
11. Buddha Bowl with Turmeric Tahini Sauce – The golden turmeric tahini sauce on this bowl is a great way to welcome spring sunshine. It’s one of my favorite sauces to keep on hand in the fridge, and even better, it’s easy to make. Simply stir the ingredients together!
12. Cashew Broccoli Soba Noodles – Make these easy noodles while you can still find good citrus in the stores. Orange & lime juice add natural sweetness & brightness to the creamy cashew-ginger sauce, making this recipe a fresh, fun choice for the changing seasons.
13. Broccolini & Brussels Sprout Orecchiette – The perfect spring weeknight pasta. I use plenty of green veggies, a splash of wine & a dash of a light green sauce to make a healthy, yummy meal that celebrates the best produce the season has to offer.
And here’s a peek at a few spring recipes that I love from our 2nd cookbook, Love & Lemons Every Day! It comes out next week, but you can pre-order now!
14. Sesame-Ginger Avocado Fennel Salad – If you’re hosting a spring dinner party or Mother’s Day brunch, this elegant salad is sure to impress guests. It’s deceptively simple to put together, but the creamy avocado, crisp fennel & punchy sesame-ginger dressing create a to-die-for combination of flavors & textures.
15. Asparagus, Snap Pea & Chive Blossom Pasta – This recipe was born out of one incredible spring farmer’s market haul. White wine, Dijon, lemon & nutty Parmesan add sparkle to all my spring favorites – asparagus, snap peas, radishes, and a generous sprinkle of fresh herbs. It’ll be on repeat in your kitchen all season long.
16. Creamy Vegan Lemon Bars – Let me tell you, creating these luscious, creamy vegan lemon bars was no chore. I had a huge stash of different versions of this recipe in my freezer for months last spring, and Jack & I devoured them all. You’ll love these bright & fresh bars for warm-weather entertaining!