If you’ve been following along throughout this winter, you know that I love soup. Actually, that’s an understatement. I adore soup. I love making it, I love eating it, and I love storing the leftovers so that I can enjoy my soup again and again. When I’m stressed out, I turn to soup because I find it meditative to cook. When I’m snowed in, I turn to it because I often have a stash stored away in my freezer. And when I’m in need of a bit of a healthy reset after a vacation, I turn to it because it just makes me feel good inside. So without further ado – a very long love letter to soup!
Tips for Making Soup Recipes
1. Season to taste. Raw vegetable ingredients need seasoning, and store-bought vegetable broths vary in salt level. If your soup is bland, don’t hesitate to add generous pinches of salt and lots of fresh black pepper. Taste as you go!
2. Drizzle with olive oil. I always finish soups with a generous drizzle of olive oil. It adds richness and makes the flavors sing.
3. Save some for lunch! Most soups taste better on the second day, so be sure to make enough to have leftovers.
4. Spice to your level. This is the fun & creative part of cooking. If you’re making a soup that calls for lots of spice but you prefer milder flavors, start with less. If you like things spicy, add more! It’s important to taste your soup as you cook and adjust the flavors to make something you really love.
My 20 Favorite Soup Recipes
1. Curried Tomato Lentil Soup – If you open your pantry, you’ll likely find all the ingredients to this bright, warming, and weeknight-friendly soup inside. It’s one of our favorites and a fan favorite, too!
2. Golden Turmeric Noodle Miso Soup – This soup is perfect for the transition from winter to spring. It’s made with a healing turmeric-ginger broth and fresh spring veggies like bok choy!
4. Creamy Celery Root Cauliflower Soup – If you can find a celery root in your grocery store before winter’s over, you have to try this soup! Mushrooms, leeks, Dijon & white wine make it deliciously tangy & savory.
5. White Bean Soup with Kale & Wild Rice – White beans, wild rice & lots of hearty veggies make this lightly creamy vegan soup a meal on its own.
6. Oyster Mushroom Soup – Yep, this soup has lemongrass AND ginger, garlic AND garlic powder, leeks AND celery, lemon juice AND rice vinegar. It’s brimming with flavor, brothy, tangy & savory. Don’t worry, though. If you don’t have all the ingredients, it’ll still be delicious.
7. Corn Chowder with Yellow Split Peas – Cashew cream, potatoes, and yellow split peas give this vegan corn chowder its creamy texture. Top it with coconut bacon for a crispy, smoky contrast.
8. Carrot Coconut Gazpacho with Lemongrass – This 10-ingredient soup is a great one to make as we round the bend into spring. I like it warm or cold, especially when it’s made with fresh local carrots.
9. Ginger Miso Soup – Craving a classic miso soup? This recipe is for you. With ginger, soba, mushrooms, and tofu, it’s a simple, nourishing lunch or dinner.
10. Creamy Vegan Tomato Soup with Grilled Cheese Croutons – This tomato soup may be vegan, but it’s still perfectly creamy, thickened with blended chickpeas!
11. Spiralized Zucchini Vegetable Noodle Soup – If you’re like me and you crave lighter foods as the weather gets warmer, this vegetable noodle soup is for you. Spiralized zucchini and sweet potato take the place of noodles in my riff on a classic minestrone soup.
12. Vegan “Cheesy” Broccoli Soup – It’s creamy, tangy, rich & satisfying – everything you want in a cheesy broccoli soup! But this recipe is dairy-free, and there’s a whole pound of broccoli hiding inside.
13. Pumpkin Tortilla Soup – Grab a winter squash before it disappears from the stores because this smoky, hearty vegan tortilla soup is one you have to try ASAP.
14. Ribollita – Tuscan White Bean Soup – This recipe is my go-to when we have stale bread on the counter. The bread thickens the soup, and along with the white beans, it makes this a filling, satisfying dinner.
15. Curried Red Lentil Sweet Potato Stew – Chock full of warming Indian spices and citrus juices, this healthy stew is even better on the second day. Make a big batch, and enjoy leftovers for lunch!
16. Butternut Squash, Kale & Quinoa Stew – A thick tomato broth surrounds quinoa, squash, and kale in this healthy spiced stew. This recipe is one I make again & again. Try it to see why!
17. Many-Veggie Vegetable Soup – What veggies do you have in your fridge? No matter your answer, you can make this easy, flexible, many-veggie soup.
18. Carrot Soup with Carrot Top Pesto – All you need is 7 ingredients to make this bright carrot ginger soup. If you can get your hands on a bunch of carrots with good greens, make sure to blend up the carrot top pesto to drizzle on top.
19. Sustenance Sweet Potato Soup – A scoop of almond butter adds richness and creaminess to this hearty gingery stew.
20. Creamy Roasted Cauliflower Soup – Making this 10-ingredient soup is easy – just roast & blend to get cozy, creamy vegan goodness.
Soup Recipes from Love & Lemons Every Day!
Vegan Potato, Leek & Artichoke Chowder – I tested this recipe all last spring, and I promise you this: this rich & briny potato leek chowder is the perfect recipe for warming up as the days get longer and cold nights become cool ones.
Coconut Soup with Sweet Potato & Kale – My take on Thai tom kha! Lemongrass, mint, ginger & lime make this light, spicy coconut soup a refreshing meal that’s just right for the changing seasons.
Lasagna Soup – When you don’t feel like making lasagna, make lasagna soup! With the big, slurpy noodles and scoops of vegan ricotta, this one is fun to eat!