You only need 7 ingredients to make this easy, delicious shaved Brussels sprout salad! Make it ahead for a holiday meal or pack it for a healthy lunch.
I just woke up to a snowy white Saturday morning, which means that it’s the perfect day for… Brussels sprout salad! Ok, maybe I’m the weird one that just loves salad no matter what’s going on around me. If you’re craving something warm and cozy, go make a mug of this cacao hot chocolate and then come back here if you’re looking for an easy Brussels sprout salad to make for weekend holiday festivities. This one will be your go-to throw-together winter salad that you’ll crave when you want a break from cookies and other indulgent treats.
Why I Love This Brussels Sprout Salad Recipe
This Brussels sprout salad recipe comes from our first book and after making it multiple times over Thanksgiving weekend, I just had to share it here. There are a thousand reasons why I love it, so I’ll just share my top 3:
- It’s a breeze to put together. Simply shave your sprouts (or use pre-shredded Brussels sprouts), and toss them with olive oil, lemon, dried cranberries, grated cheese, pine nuts, chives, salt & pepper.
- You can prep it hours in advance. The hearty Brussels sprouts hold up well even if you dress them ahead of time, so this recipe is a perfect one to make ahead for holiday parties.
- Even though it’s made with so FEW ingredients, it’s so delicious. The bright lemon, chewy, tart cranberries, and salty cheese are a simple, yet addictive combination. With just a few ingredients, this salad checks all the flavor boxes.
If you love this Brussels sprout salad recipe…
Shaved Brussels Sprout Salad
- 4 cups shaved Brussels sprouts
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup pine nuts, toasted
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries
- ⅓ cup grated pecorino cheese, optional
- ⅓ cup chopped chives
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Thinly slice the Brussels sprouts using a mandoline if you have one. Place them into a medium bowl and toss with the olive oil, lemon juice, pine nuts, cranberries, pecorino cheese, chives, and pinches of salt and pepper.
- Let the salad sit at room temperature for 15 minutes, then taste and adjust the seasonings. Finish with an additional drizzle of olive oil if you like.