This sesame ginger dressing is an easy way to jazz up any salad or bowl! It's nutty, savory, and a little sweet, with a delicious smooth and creamy texture.
If you’re looking for an easy way to liven up your weekly meal prep or lunch routine, this sesame ginger dressing is exactly what you need! It’s nutty, savory, and a little sweet, with a refreshing kick from the ginger. Versatile and delicious, it’s the sort of sauce I love to keep on hand in the fridge. It lasts for days, and it will transform the simplest green salad into an irresistible meal.
Sesame Ginger Dressing Recipe Ingredients
Another thing I love about this sesame ginger dressing? You can make it with 7 basic ingredients:
- Tahini – Made from ground sesame seeds, tahini gives the dressing a lightly creamy texture and nutty flavor. Be sure to use really smooth, runny tahini for this recipe, and to avoid the dry, stiff stuff you might find at the bottom of a jar. You don’t want your dressing to be chunky!
- Toasted sesame oil – It makes this sesame dressing rich, bold, and nutty.
- Rice vinegar – For tang.
- Tamari or soy sauce – It gives the dressing a deep savory flavor. Make sure to use tamari if you need the dressing to be gluten-free!
- Fresh ginger – For kick! I love the ginger’s refreshing flavor in this recipe.
- Maple syrup or honey – To balance the salty tamari and punchy vinegar.
- And a little water – Add a tablespoon at a time, as needed, to reach your desired consistency.
Find the complete recipe with measurements below.
In a small bowl, combine the dressing ingredients, and whisk until smooth. It’ll take some stirring for the tahini to fully incorporate with the oil, vinegar, and tamari, but just keep going! You’ll have a creamy, nutty sesame ginger dressing in no time.
If your dressing is too thick, add a little water to thin it to your desired consistency. Enjoy!
How to Use Sesame Ginger Dressing
This sesame ginger dressing is a super easy way to amp up the flavor in any salad or bowl! Try tossing it with my Sweet Potato Salad, Kale Salad, Asian Slaw, or Citrus Cabbage Salad. It would also be fantastic on any of these bowl recipes:
- Sesame Soba Noodles
- Adzuki Bean Bowls
- Mango Ginger Rice Bowl
- Kimchi Brown Rice Bliss Bowl
- Sesame Noodle Bowl
Alternatively, make your own bowl! Start with a cooked grain. White rice, brown rice, black rice, and quinoa would all be excellent with this dressing. Then, add a protein like baked tofu, tempeh, or roasted chickpeas. Pile on veggies like fresh greens, radishes, or carrots, roasted broccoli, or butternut squash, and tie it all together with the sesame ginger dressing!
If you have any sauce leftover, use it on another salad or bowl, or drizzle it over simply cooked veggies. We love it on sautéed broccoli, roasted Brussels sprouts, roasted asparagus, sautéed kale, and roasted sweet potatoes.
More Favorite Dressings and Sauces
If you love this sesame ginger dressing recipe, try one of these delicious dressings or sauces next:
- Gochujang Sauce
- Peanut Sauce
- Tahini Dressing
- Cilantro Lime Dressing
- Green Goddess Dressing
- Greek Salad Dressing
- Homemade Italian Dressing
- Lemon Vinaigrette
Sesame Ginger Dressing
- In a small bowl, whisk together the tahini, sesame oil, vinegar, tamari, ginger, maple syrup, and 1 tablespoon water until smooth.
- If the dressing is too thick, add an additional 1 to 2 tablespoons water until it’s a drizzleable consistency.