Heathy vegan & gluten free noodle bowls packed with cucumber, cabbage, kale, carrots & tomatoes. Tossed with a creamy almond-ginger dressing
This is one of those “it’s good to be home” meals. I love vacation, and I love eating out, but after traveling for awhile, I just can’t wait to get home and get back to my regular healthy eating routine. You know, the one that includes a morning smoothie instead of a croissant, and light vegetable-packed dinners like this one instead of multi-course dinners with wine pairings. Not that I’m complaining AT ALL, btw… but it’s time to get back on track and I’m doing that by eating the rainbow:
We’re partnering with Almond Breeze as part of their Serve Up Your Best campaign. Since they’re the official sponsor of Team USA Volleyball, I thought I’d serve up a super healthy recipe today.
You can customize these bowls with whatever veggies you like, but my strategy here was to represent every primary color. Well, except blue. Blueberries would be a little weird here. What’s not weird are red peppers, orange carrots, yellow tomatoes, cucumber, baby kale, scallions and shredded purple cabbage. Slice & dice, then toss everything together with brown rice noodles and this light savory dressing that’s made with almond butter, ginger, lime, tamari and creamy Almond Breeze Almondmilk Cashewmilk.
This salad keeps well in the fridge – save the leftovers for multiple lunches during the week.
This giveaway is now closed, thank you for your feedback!
Rainbow Bowls w/ Almond-Ginger Dressing
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 large cucumber, spiralized or thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, peeled into ribbons
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes, any color or variety
- 6 cups loose packed soft baby kale or spinach
- 2 cups shredded purple cabbage
- 8 to 10 basil leaves, chopped
- 2 scallions, chopped
- ½ cup edamame or protein of choice
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 8 ounces cooked brown rice noodles (more if you like a higher noodle ratio)
- ¼ cup almond or cashew butter
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 1½ tablespoons tamari, plus more to taste
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ teaspoon minced ginger
- ⅓ cup Almond Breeze Almondmilk Cashewmilk Original
- optional: a squirt of sriracha
- Make the dressing: In a small bowl, combine the almond butter, lime juice, tamari, ginger and garlic. Whisk until smooth. Add the Almond Cashewmilk and whisk to combine. (At this point, the dressing might taste a little salty & strong but once it's tossed with all of the vegetables, the flavors will become more balanced). Chill until ready to use. If it separates, give it a little stir before using.
- In a very large bowl, combine the pepper, cucumber, carrot, cherry tomatoes, kale, cabbage, basil, scallions, edamame, hemp seeds and brown rice noodles. Add the dressing and toss well so that the vegetables begin to wilt. Taste and season with more tamari, if desired.
This post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Almond Breeze Almondmilk. Almond Breeze believes in the best. That’s why we only use Blue Diamond Almonds to make our almondmilk and why we’re proud to be an official sponsor of USA Volleyball. Visit www.ServeUpYourBest.com for a chance to win $5,000 for the ultimate beach day, learn fun volleyball moves, get an Almond Breeze coupon and smoothie recipes!
This bowl looks so beautiful and refreshing in the summer heat. I’m going to buy the remaining ingredients right now!
I love this and going to try it tonight
Made this tonight. Did not get the almond cashew milk but used regular unsweetened almond breeze that I had on hand. I’ve made rainbow bowls before, from other blogs, but this is my new favorite!! Five-year old approved as well. Thanks for this delicious recipe!
This looks perfect for a hot summer evening! Looking forward to trying the almond/cashew milk. Thanks!
I took the survey too 🙂
Completed the survey!
I took the survey. Thanks!
I took the survey! Also, this looks delicious and I love that it is easily Whole30 adaptable!
This salad looks delicious and looks perfect for this hot weather we are experiencing!
Took your survey…I appreciated the brevity!
Thank you for this great recipe, it looks so good!! I ordered your cookbook last week and completed the survey 🙂 I love your blog, it’s full of healthy and original recipes. Greetings from Québec city!
I’m pregnant and this looks like something I need asap! It looks delicious! And I took the survey 🙂
This dressing looks great! I love almond milk. Completed the survey.
I love your blog and your recipes and I am pretty sure I come here daily. Your recipes are always inspiring. And I love your cookbook, too!
LOVE, LOVE , LOVE the Salad dressing with Almond Milk!!
I love how vibrant this bowl is! It’s like your eating the rainbow haha!
That dressing has gone in my low carb inventory!
This bowl looks like absolute heaven! I want nothing more than to dive in to its beauty!
can’t wait to make this!!! so excited! making it for dinner tonight 🙂
Hello! I did the survey…
Health kick #768 about to begin, so will try this.
Love how far this blog & your book has come
What a beautiful salad!! My husband is the salad maker in our family, so I can’t wait to show this one to him. Love the dressing idea!! It sounds yummy :). Even though I haven’t tried it yet, I gave it five stars – it has everything in it we love!