Happy day-after Halloween, who’s ready to cook? No one… That’s what I thought. So before we head to Thanksgiving Town, I thought I’d share another quick and easy (and tasty) meal you can throw together using last night’s leftovers…
Just like the picture says – take your leftovers from this salad, add some black beans (maybe a few more spices), and some cheese… fold it into tortillas… then dig in to some pretty hearty & healthy quesadillas.
Of course, cook these on your stovetop and not on your marble countertop.
- Leftover quinoa salad (about 1 cup)
- ½ cup black beans, cooked and rinsed
- ½ cup shredded cheese (cheddar/jack mix or daiya)
- small handful of wilty greens
- ½ teaspoon each, chile powder, cumin, and paprika
- 4 wheat or corn tortillas
- sour cream (or greek yogurt + lemon + salt)
- avocado slices
- store bought green chile salsa
- Take your leftover quinoa salad, add some black beans and some additional spices. (to taste).
- Place tortilla in a small skillet over medium heat. Add filling and cheese. Fold tortilla in half and press down with the back of a spatula so the cheese melts and starts to stick everything together.
- Flip and cook for a few more minutes. Remove from heat, slice, and serve with whatever garnishes you like.