This homemade pumpkin spice latte rivals any coffee shop version I've tried. It's creamy, warmly spiced, and naturally sweetened with maple syrup.
The next time you’re craving a pumpkin spice latte, save yourself a trip to a coffee shop, and make this recipe at home!
By October, I always feel like I should share some kind of pumpkin-y treat on the blog, and this year, I thought a homemade version of the Starbucks pumpkin spice latte would be fun. I know it’s a bit of a fall cliché at this point, so I was surprised by how much I ended up loving this recipe. Creamy, cozy, and lightly sweet, it’s warming and comforting on a cool fall morning or crisp afternoon. It’s simple to make, too. It calls for basic ingredients like coffee, real pumpkin, warm spices, and maple syrup, and you can mix it up on the stove in right around 5 minutes…even less time than it takes to run out to the nearest Starbucks.
Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe Ingredients
Here’s what you’ll need to make this pumpkin spice latte recipe:
- Pumpkin, of course! A few tablespoons of canned pumpkin puree enhance the latte’s creamy texture and add essential pumpkin flavor.
- Espresso, cold brew, or strong coffee – I use 2 shots of espresso or a half cup of either type of coffee.
- Milk – Any type you like! I typically use almond milk because it’s what I keep on hand, but oat milk and regular milk are also great.
- Maple syrup – It sweetens the latte and adds delicious maple flavor.
- Pumpkin pie spice – I make my own with cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice, and ground cloves. It gives this latte the perfect “pumpkin spice” taste!
- Vanilla extract – For warm depth of flavor.
- And a pinch of sea salt – To make all the flavors pop!
Find the complete recipe with measurements below.
How to Make a Pumpkin Spice Latte
I love that you don’t need any special equipment to make this recipe–no espresso machine, no milk frother–just a small saucepan and a whisk!
Heat the milk, espresso, maple syrup, pumpkin puree, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, and salt in the saucepan over low heat. Whisk until everything is well combined and heated through. That’s it!
Pour your PSL into a mug. Feel free to top with whipped cream or coconut whipped cream, cinnamon sticks, and an extra dusting of pumpkin pie spice, if you like, or enjoy the latte on its own.
More Favorite Fall Treats
If you love this recipe, try one of these cozy fall treats next:
- Pumpkin Bread
- Apple Muffins
- Pumpkin Muffins
- Apple Crumble
- Easy Apple Cake
- Applesauce Cake
- Pumpkin Pancakes
- Homemade Hot Chocolate
Pumpkin Spice Latte
- 2 shots espresso or ½ cup cold brew or strongly brewed coffee
- 1 cup milk, any kind
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heaping ¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, plus more for dusting
- Pinch sea salt
- Whipped cream, for topping, optional
- Cinnamon sticks, for garnish, optional
- In a small pot, combine the espresso, milk, maple syrup, pumpkin puree, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Whisk over low heat until well combined and warmed through.
- Pour into a mug. If desired, top with whipped cream and a dusting of pumpkin pie spice and garnish with cinnamon sticks.