Vegan truffles are an easy & healthy holiday dessert! A creamy coconut and chocolate base rolled in pistachios makes a yummy, no-bake, gluten-free treat.
All you non-bakers out there, this one is for you. So far in this holiday season I haven’t baked one cookie, shopped for one gift… and I have a tree somewhere in a storage unit.
So, today, I have the perfect busy-person dessert that’s fast & easy, yet tasty & impressive. And you likely already have these few ingredients in your kitchen.
It’s a super basic recipe, but feel free to get creative and make a few variations. Add liqueur into your chocolate if that’s your thing… cinnamon, chiles, orange zest, espresso powder… whatever you like. Your pantry is the limit.
adapted from Vegetarian Times
Vegan Pistachio Coconut Truffles
- 1 (12 ounce) package of dark (65% cacao) chocolate chips, or chopped semi-sweet baking chocolate (I enjoy the Sunspire brand, which is vegan & gluten free)
- ½ cup full-fat coconut milk
- Tiny splash of vanilla
- ½ cup raw chopped pistachios
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut (optional)
- Sea salt
- Melt the chocolate chips in a large glass bowl over a small pot of simmering water, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat and stir in the coconut milk and vanilla.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Toast the pistachios with a little bit of sea salt, and spread a thin layer on a plate.
- Place the coconut and a few pinches of salt on a separate plate. Scoop 1-inch balls of chocolate mixture and roll them into the toppings. Use your hands to get it all to stick together. Store, covered, in the fridge.