All you non-bakers out there, this one is for you. So far in this holiday season I haven’t baked one cookie, shopped for one gift… and I have a tree somewhere in a storage unit.
So, today, I have the perfect busy-person dessert that’s fast & easy, yet tasty & impressive. And you likely already have these few ingredients in your kitchen.
It’s a super basic recipe, but feel free to get creative and make a few variations. Add liqueur into your chocolate if that’s your thing… cinnamon, chiles, orange zest, espresso powder… whatever you like. Your pantry is the limit.
adapted from Vegetarian Times
- 1 (12 ounce) package of dark (65% cacao) chocolate chips, or chopped semi-sweet baking chocolate (I enjoy the Sunspire brand, which is vegan & gluten free)
- ½ cup full-fat coconut milk
- Tiny splash of vanilla
- ½ cup raw chopped pistachios
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut (optional)
- Sea salt
- Melt the chocolate chips in a large glass bowl over a small pot of simmering water, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat and stir in the coconut milk and vanilla.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Toast the pistachios with a little bit of sea salt, and spread a thin layer on a plate.
- Place the coconut and a few pinches of salt on a separate plate. Scoop 1-inch balls of chocolate mixture and roll them into the toppings. Use your hands to get it all to stick together. Store, covered, in the fridge.