Made with mint, ginger, lime & kale, this healthy pineapple smoothie recipe is a vibrant, refreshing smoothie riff on a classic mojito cocktail!
This green pineapple smoothie has become my most recent breakfast kick. It’s super fresh, vibrant, and healthy, and it leaves me feeling energized at the start of the day. Between all the food that’s been around during our cookbook testing and all of the food I’m about to eat in Italy – I’ve tried to clean (and green) things up over the last few weeks. Cheesecakes and pizzas aside, I’ve gotten back to my salad-ey lunches and green drink routines.
So it was perfect timing that Tess Masters (a.k.a The Blender Girl) sent me a copy of her new book The Blender Girl Smoothies. It’s packed with over 100 super unique, superfood smoothie recipes, ranging from light breakfast recipes to indulgent dessert smoothies – (hello Apple Pie in a Glass, I’m coming for you this fall!). If this pineapple smoothie is any indication, this book is one you’re going to want!
Green Pineapple Smoothie Recipe Ingredients
In the book, Tess calls this recipe a “Green Mojito Smoothie.” Though it’s not alcoholic and free of any added sugar, it is like a super-fresh version of the classic cocktail, thanks to lime zest and lots of fresh mint.
Just toss them into the blender with kale, pineapple chunks, coconut water, a little stevia, and ginger, if you like! Blend until smooth, and enjoy this super-fresh, vibrant drink as a healthy breakfast or snack.
Pineapple Smoothie Recipe Variations
Like all smoothie recipes, this one is flexible, so feel free to play with it to suit your tastes or use what you have on hand. Here are a few suggestions:
- Add more tropical fruits! Make a pineapple banana smoothie for a creamier texture, or try a mango pineapple combination.
- Use coconut milk instead of coconut water for a richer, creamier smoothie.
- Blend in a scoop of your favorite protein powder or Greek yogurt to make it heartier.
- Use fresh pineapple instead of frozen, and toss a few ice cubes into the blender so it still comes out cold.
Let me know what variations you try!
If you love this pineapple smoothie recipe…
Green Pineapple Smoothie
- 1 cup (240ml) coconut water or water
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime zest 3 limes, peeled and quartered
- 1 cup (25g) torn-up curly green kale leaves (1 or 2 large leaves with stalk removed)
- ½ cup (18g) firmly packed mint
- 2 cups (320g) frozen pineapple
- 5 drops alcohol-free liquid stevia, plus more to taste
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Throw all of the ingredients into your blender and blast on high for 30 to 60 seconds, until smooth and creamy.