I know, peaches 2 posts in a row… I usually try to mix it up a bit more, but I just had so many peaches left over after that salad. I had never grilled peaches before so I got tons extra “just in case.” And like always, when I plan for the worst (which is almost never), things work out. So last night we finished off the last of those peaches with these yummy black bean tostadas with peach salsa.
And speaking of awesome planning, we’re headed to the airport in a little while (off to Chicago), and I’m scrambling. This morning I had only 2 things on today’s agenda – pack and write this post. Those 2 tasks somehow turned into 20, including shuffle dogs around, move computer files around, clean out the fridge, and make final restaurant reservations for the trip. Which all still sound reasonable enough except for the fact that I’ve been completely slowed down by last night’s (3-hour long) Bachelorette finale episode streaming on my computer in the background. I still don’t know how this ridiculous “task” made it to the to-do list but it’s been a major time-suck. Priorities, priorities…
- 1 recipe peach salsa
- Corn tortillas
- Black beans, salted
- Chopped avocado, salted and squeezed with a little lime juice
- Romaine lettuce, sliced
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for the pan
- Sea salt
- Feta cheese, or cheese of your choice (optional)
- Meat of your choice (optional)
- Lightly fry the tortillas in a pan with a bit of oil – a few minutes on each side, until crispy. Place on paper towels when they’re done and salt them. Alternatively, brush with a little bit of oil and bake them in the oven for a few minutes on each side until crispy. The time will completely depend on what kind of tortillas you’re using, so just watch them closely.
- Top with the salsa, beans, avocado, lettuce, and cheese and meat, if using. Serve alongside a couple of margaritas!