This has been a favorite lately. I’ve made it countless times before I even thought of posting it here. It’s too easy… the ingredient list is short, and you likely already have these these things on hand. It’s super delicious and it takes no time to toss together. If I weren’t always trying to come up with new ideas, I would stop here and we would eat this most nights of the week. (Maybe switch out the veggies every so often to change it up).
I whisked a little dijon with olive oil and lemon juice before tossing it with brown rice pasta, chickpeas, peas, feta, and fresh herbs. This would be a perfect way to use up assorted herbs you might have leftover from something else.
A quick note about dijon mustard. We recently discovered the Edmond Fallot brand and it’s been sort of life changing. I don’t know why or how but it just has a better flavor and tang than any other kind. Here’s a link to it on Amazon, however it was much cheaper ($3.99) at our Central Market in Austin. And this is not sponsored, btw, I just had to share. Life changing, I tell you…
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- juice & zest of one lemon
- ½ to 1 teaspoon dijon mustard (I like this brand)
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 smashed clove of garlic
- salt & pepper
- 1 cup dried pasta, I like Jovial's brown rice (plus reserve some pasta water)
- ¼ cup chickpeas, cooked and drained
- ¼ cup peas
- ¼ cup chopped or crumbled feta
- a few handfuls of fresh leafy herbs (parsley, basil, tarragon or mint are all good choices)
- In a small bowl whisk the dressing ingredients together. (I like to let the smashed garlic sit in the dressing while I prepare the rest of the dish and then I remove it before pouring).
- Cook your pasta in salty water until al dente. Toss the warm pasta together with the chickpeas, peas, feta, and most of the dressing. Add a little bit of pasta water if necessary to create a creamy consistency. Toss in the herbs and as much of the remaining dressing as you like. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Let it sit for at least 15-20 mins for best flavor. Serve at room temperature.