Make your overnight oats better with this healthy blueberry chia jam! All you need is some lemon, maple syrup, cinnamon, chia, oats, and blueberries.
Before I tell you about this recipe, I wanted to make a quick announcement to our Chicago friends – this Saturday I’ll be attending the Renegade Craft Fair Chicago at the Quaker Oats booth. Stop by to say HI and enjoy a healthy snack of Overnight Oats. I’ll be doing the meet & greet from 11:30am – 12:30pm, hope to see you there! (click here for details)
Ok, back to the recipe! Last week, I was up to my ears in corn… this week, I’ve been eating blueberries until I’m blue in the face. They’re so good right now! Plus, they freeze well, so in my opinion there’s no such thing as too many blueberries.
The first thing I did with my market-load of blueberries was make this YUMMY blueberry chia jam that I scooped atop a few batches of overnight oats. I don’t know why I haven’t been making this breakfast combination all summer, it’s so delicious! We’ve been eating overnight oats with this blueberry jam all week.
If you’re new to overnight oats (hi, I am sort of too), they’re so easy to make because they don’t need to be cooked. The recipe I like comes straight from the Quaker Oats website. It’s a 1:1 mixture of oats to milk (I use vanilla almond milk). Overnight, they soften and they’re ready for you in the morning. Overnight oats are a great grab-and-go breakfast as well as a blank canvas for whatever toppings, fruits, etc, you like.
For my toppings, I made this Blueberry Lemon Overnight Oats recipe and used my fresh blueberry chia jam – the perfect use for all of my extra blueberries!
Once your jam is ready and has set (let it sit in the fridge for at least an hour), layer up your jars with oats, almond milk, chia jam, extra blueberries and lemon zest. Pop it in the fridge and enjoy your oats for breakfast the next morning!
I should add that I also like to top mine with some toasted sliced almonds (add a pinch of sea salt while you toast them). If I wake up with a sweet tooth, I drizzle on some extra maple syrup!
Overnight Oats with Blueberry Chia Jam
- 3 cups blueberries
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- pinch of sea salt
- ½ Cup Quaker® Old Fashioned Oats
- ½ cup vanilla almond milk
- 1 tablespoon blueberry chia jam
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- ¼ cup blueberries
- Make the jam. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, simmer the blueberries, lemon juice, and vanilla for 3 to 5 minutes, gently mashing and stirring often. Add the maple syrup, cinnamon, and salt and remove from the heat. Stir in the chia seeds and tranfcer to a glass jar. Let cool slightly, then set in the fridge to chill for at least an hour. If your jam isn’t set enough, stir in more chia seeds.
- Assemble the oats. Add Quaker Oats to a glass jar, pour in the milk, and layer blueberry jam, blueberries, and lemon zest.
- Refrigerate overnight and enjoy in the morning.
This post was created in partnership with Quaker Oats. Thank you for supporting the sponsors that keep us cooking!