These no bake cookies are quick and easy to make—no oven required! Made with chocolate, peanut butter, and oats, they're rich, chewy, and delicious.
No bake cookies! If you’re not already making these irresistible, EASY treats, head to the kitchen and make yourself a batch. You’re going to love this recipe!
No bake cookies were one of my favorite childhood desserts, and I still love them to this day. Made with simple ingredients like peanut butter, cocoa powder, and oats, they have a rich chocolate peanut butter flavor and amazing chewy texture.
Given their name, you’ve probably guessed that these no bake cookies don’t bake in the oven. Instead, the dough comes together on the stovetop and sets up in the fridge. The process is super quick and easy!
This no bake cookies recipe is a perfect dessert to make with kids. (It’s also a perfect dessert to make when you’re an adult who needs something sweet ASAP.) Just a heads up: the cookies are seriously addictive. If you make one batch, you’ll end up with another before you know it. 🙂
No Bake Cookie Recipe Ingredients
You only need 7 ingredients to make this no bake cookies recipe:
- Whole rolled oats – Many no bake cookie recipes call for quick oats, but I like the chewy texture of old fashioned oats here. Use gluten-free oats to make these cookies gluten-free.
- Unsweetened cocoa powder – You can’t have chocolate no bake cookies without chocolate!
- Creamy peanut butter – It makes the cookies super rich and packs them with delectable chocolate and peanut butter flavor. For a fun variation, make this recipe with a different nut or seed butter. Almond butter or sunflower seed butter would be great!
- Milk – Any milk works here! Use almond milk to make this recipe vegan.
- Coconut oil – Refined and virgin coconut oil both work in this recipe. Use virgin coconut oil to add a light coconut flavor.
- Maple syrup – I love the complex sweetness of the maple in this recipe. Plus, it makes these cookies refined sugar-free!
- Vanilla extract – The perfect finishing touch! A splash of vanilla adds depth to the rich chocolate flavor.
Find the complete recipe with measurements below.
How to Make No Bake Cookies
Once you’ve measured your ingredients, these no bake oatmeal cookies come together in a flash!
First, make the chocolate/peanut butter coating. Melt the coconut oil in a saucepan over medium heat and stir in the cocoa powder, milk, maple syrup, peanut butter, and vanilla. Bring to a rolling boil and cook, stirring often, for 2 minutes. Don’t boil it longer, or the mixture will become too thick! Remove the pan from the heat.
Then, stir in the oats. Fold the oats into the chocolate mixture until they’re all thoroughly coated.
Next, shape the cookies! Use a 2-tablespoon cookie scoop to dollop the dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Transfer the sheet to the refrigerator and chill for 30 minutes, until the cookies are firm. Then, enjoy!
No Bake Oatmeal Cookies Tips
- Make sure that your peanut butter is runny. Look for creamy peanut butter with a smooth consistency to make this recipe, not the dry, stiff peanut butter that you might find at the bottom of a jar. The richness of runny peanut butter is essential for making great no bake cookies!
- Stir in a pinch of salt. If you use unsalted peanut butter, add a pinch of salt to the chocolate mixture before you stir in the oats. It will really make the flavors in this recipe pop! If your peanut butter is already salted, skip the salt, or taste the mixture before adding any extra.
- Add extra chocolate. If you’re making this no bake cookie recipe, my guess is that you’re a fan of chocolate. To give these guys an extra chocolate boost, press a few mini chocolate chips onto the top of each cookie. Yum!!
How to Store No Bake Cookies
No bake cookies keep well in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week. For longer storage, freeze them (see below).
Can you freeze no bake cookies?
Yes! These no bake cookies freeze perfectly. Seal them in an airtight container or bag, and stash them in the freezer for up to 3 months. Allow them to thaw at room temperature for about 30 minutes or in the fridge overnight.
More Cookie Recipes
If you love these no bake cookies, try one of these easy cookie recipes next:
- Best Peanut Butter Cookies
- Perfect Oatmeal Cookies
- Peanut Butter Blossoms
- Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Lemon Cookies
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Or any of my easy cookie recipes!
No Bake Cookies
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter*
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups whole rolled oats
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the coconut oil over medium heat. Add the maple syrup, almond milk, cocoa, peanut butter, and vanilla and whisk to combine. Bring to a boil for 2 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the oats. Use a 2-tablespoon cookie scoop to scoop the batter onto the prepared baking sheet. Chill for 30 minutes or until firm.