Mini berry crisps are topped with oat & nut crumble to make a divine spring or summer dessert. Use any in-season fruit and make this crisp all year!
This is another treat my mom made for us while she was visiting. Jack has been working crazy hours lately, so it was really fun that week to have the extra company in the kitchen.
I love these little mini skillets (I love anything mini), but you could bake this in any oven-safe dish you happen to have. You could also sub in any fruit you like (fresh or frozen).
slightly adapted from Bon Appetit.
Individual Mixed Berry Oat Crisps
- 1 (12-ounce) package frozen mixed berries or fruit of your choice
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- ⅓ cup packed dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup oat flour
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons vegan butter or regular butter
- Ice cream, for serving (I’m partial to the Nada Moo coconut ice creams)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Mix the frozen berries with the cornstarch and let sit for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, mix the brown sugar, oat flour, oats, walnuts, and cinnamon.
- Chop chilled butter into small pieces and incorporate it into oat mixture with a fork (or your fingers) until crumbly. Don’t overmix.
- Place the berry mixture in individual skillets or ramekins and spoon the crumble on top of each.
- Bake 20-30 minutes, depending on the depth of your dishes. The crisps are done when the top is golden brown and the berries are bubbling.
- Let cool for 15 minutes, top with ice cream, and serve.