Tell me, who doesn’t love a variety of yummy mix & match toppings on little pieces of grilled bread? Here’s a party idea that you can easily pull off this weekend. All you have to do is chill some rose, gather a bunch of toppings (and a bunch of friends)… grill some bread and voila, you have a fun, casual crostini party!
The combinations you can put together are endless, but my strategy here is pretty simple. I chose ingredients that hit on a variety of flavors and textures – sweet, savory, salty, fruity, herb-y, creamy, crunchy… you get the idea. For this post we’re partnering with Stonewall Kitchen because their delicious jams fit perfectly into this mix (hello, Hot Pepper Peach Jam!). I often reach for their jams, chutneys & crackers (among their other gourmet products) when I’m entertaining and when I don’t want to make everything myself.
Your guests can, of course, mix and match crostini toppings to their hearts’ desire, but these were some of our favorite combinations:
And because Stonewall Kitchen is celebrating their 25th anniversary, they’re giving away a Limited Edition 25th Anniversary Picnic Tote Gift which includes: a nautical recycled tote by Sea Bags, stemless wine glasses, a teak wood spreader, a cutting board, a jar of their delicious Mango Chutney, crackers, a picnic blanket & an insulated Corksicle water bottle. (A $349 value), check it out and enter to win by clicking here!
- 1 baguette, sliced
- Stonewall Kitchen Olive Oil Crackers
- cashew cream (recipe below)
- fresh oregano or chives
- cherry tomatoes
- crushed pistachios
- pine nuts
- sea salt
- olive oil, for drizzling
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked 3 hours or preferably overnight, rinsed and drained
- ⅓ cup fresh water, more as needed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Make the cashew cream: Place the cashews, water, lemon juice, garlic and salt in a high speed blender and puree until smooth. Chill for 30 minutes or until ready to use.
- Heat a grill or grill pan. Drizzle the baguette slices with olive oil and grill until char marks form, about 4 minutes per side.
- Assemble crostini ingredients and serve!
This post was created in partnership with Stonewall Kitchen, thank you for supporting the sponsors that keep us cooking!