There’s nothing better than having a vibrant salad dressing on hand in the fridge during a busy work week. When you’re strapped for time, a yummy sauce can make even the simplest meal feel satisfying. Lately, whipping up this citrus miso dressing has been my go-to. It’s a bright, tangy combination of clementine, lemon, miso, garlic, and ginger. In addition to tasting delicious, all of these ingredients have detoxifying properties – so consider this dressing a little health kick too!
How to Use Miso Dressing
Once you make this miso salad dressing, you’ll use it on everything. Not sure where to start? Try one of these easy ideas:
- Pour it over sliced cabbage and other crunchy veggies and make a slaw. Let it all marinate in the fridge together for a few hours or overnight.
- Drizzle it over simple steamed veggies. Easy as that!
- Toss it with salads, of course (find it on this cabbage salad)! And grain bowls. It makes simple veggies really sing.
- Use it to dress cold noodles and stir fried veggies. Then, add a protein of your choice and some toasted cashews or peanuts to make it a meal.
If you love this miso dressing recipe…
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup fresh clementine juice (or fresh orange juice)
- 1 tablespoon white miso paste*
- Whisk all ingredients together. Taste and adjust seasonings, adding more miso (or a pinch of salt) if you would like your dressing more salty. I find this dressing to taste a bit punchy, but it mellows once poured over vegetables.
- Store any remaining dressing in the fridge.
(sometimes you have to ask where it is). It keeps in the fridge for about a year.