My favorite part about the holidays: Getting together with friends and having an excuse to indulge just a little too much. We can all resolve to be better in January… until then, let’s have that extra cookie or three, and by all means pop that prosecco!
This is one of my favorite cocktails to make at home. I make a quick simple syrup and let it steep with handfuls of fresh mint….combine it with vodka, pomegranate juice, prosecco, and then finish it off with a squeeze of lemon. It’s not too sweet, and it’s just a little tart – exactly the way I like my cocktails. Of course, you can mess with the ratios and make it as sweet as you like… and if you aren’t into puckery drinks like I am, sub out the lemon for a squeeze of orange.
minty pomegranate spritzer
- ¼ cup Stoli Premium Vodka
- 2 tablespoons minty simple syrup (recipe below)
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate juice
- scoop of crushed ice
- ¼ cup prosecco
- squeeze of lemon (orange would be good too)
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- handful of mint
- Make the minty simple syrup. Combine water and sugar in a small saucepan. Simmer just until the sugar disolves, whisking occasionally. (just a minute or two). Remove from heat, stir in the mint. Chill until ready to serve, letting the mint continue to steep in the syrup for at least 30 minutes. Strain out the mint before serving.
- Mix together the vodka, simple syrup, pomegranate juice and ice. Pour into glasses. Top with prosecco and a squeeze of lemon.
This post is sponsored by Stoli. Be sure to check out their new app, RecAPP for a fun way to capture your holiday memories. As always, thank you for supporting the sponsors that support Love & Lemons!
Savor Stoli Responsibly. STOLICHNAYA® Premium Vodka. 40% Alc/Vol. Distilled from grain. William Grant & Sons, Inc. New York, NY. ©2013 Spirits International, B.V.
This is one if my favorite drinks! I tried making a larger amount though, and really didn’t do it justice. Is there a pitcher amount recipe available?
I would love to make a non alcoholic version of this as I am a pomegranate addict.
These sound amazing. Cheers!
These look heavenly!!
The perfect and festive Christmas party drink! Thank you for sharing this and it’s so simple to make! x
Seriously, so gorgeous!
This sounds like perfection! I hate overly sweet cocktails as well, so I would probably make this just as you did